What is it you are hoping for today?
Romans 15:13 in the amplified bible says, “May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.”
Hope defined by men (The American Heritage Dictionary of the English language):
- verb: to desire (something) with some confidence of fulfillment. To persist in hoping for something against the odds
- noun: A desire supported by some confidence of its fulfillment, a ground for expectation, that which is desired, that in which one places one’s confidence, expectation, confidence
Hope defined by God (The New American Standard Bible):
- verb: Job 13:15, …I will hope in Him. Psalm 38:15, For I hope in Thee, O Lord; Thou wilt answer, O Lord my God. Psalm 71:14, But as for me, I will hope continually.
- noun: Psalm 71:5, For Thou art my hope; O Lord God, Thou art my confidence from my youth. Proverbs 13:12, Hope deferred makes the heart sick. Zechariah 9:12, Return to the stronghold, O prisoners who have the hope; this very day I am declaring that I will restore double to you.
- [our hope is in God]: Psalm 39:7, And now, Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in Thee.
- [our hope is from God]: Psalm 62:5, My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.
Today, put your hope in God. He will not disappoint you!