I’ve been spending time lately journaling things the Holy Spirit speaks to me as I read the Bible. I would like to share what I’ve written from Isaiah 53. I hope it will bless you. I would love for you to comment and share whatever God speaks to your heart too!
Isaiah 53 is the book in the Old Testament that speaks of Jesus. Many Jews have been puzzled by these scriptures through the years because they did not recognize Jesus as their Messiah.
- a tender shoot, a root out of dry ground, no beauty or majesty, despised & rejected by men, a man of sorrows, suffering
- he took up our infirmities, carried our sorrows, stricken & smitten by God, afflicted (with our sorrows), pierced for OUR transgressions (everything we’ve ever done), crushed for our iniquities (he took it all upon himself)
- punishment to Him=peace for us
- Our wayward ways (iniquities) were all placed on Jesus!!
- oppressed & afflicted
- taken as a lamb to the slaughter (silent, said nothing)
- He was oppressed & judged, stricken
- It was God’s will to crush him & cause him to suffer
- He bore the sins of many & made intercession for the transgressors
These points listed above are the truths I pulled out of my reading, and I was encouraged by the Lord and then wrote the following. This can be your declaration over your life too, because Jesus truly paid it all for YOU!
- Do not be afraid!!
- I will not suffer shame or be humiliated–Jesus took all that for me!
- I will forget the shame of my youth & the reproach of my widowhood. (I was widowed at the age of 32)
- The Holy One of Israel is my Redeemer.
- He is called the God of all the earth.
- The Lord will call me back (and He has many times!!)
- God has compassion on me!
- He is my Redeemer.
- He will not be angry with me.
- He will never rebuke me.
- His unfailing love for me will never be shaken.
- His covenant of peace will not be removed.
- Whoever attacks me will surrender to me.
- No weapon formed against me will prevail.
- I will refute every tongue that accuses me.
- This is my heritage & vindication from the Lord!
The dictionary defines “heritage” as a birthright, that status acquired by birth, relating to the firstborn. In the history of Israel, the firstborn was a very prestigious position of honor, the one who was blessed with all the father’s wealth and possessions.
Vindication is defined as evidence, facts, statements or arguments that justify a claim or belief. So, what Jesus did for us is the evidence, the facts, the statements, and the arguments that justify our claim and belief!!
This is so exciting for us!! All we have to do is believe and put our faith and trust in Jesus, call Him Lord, submit to His Lordship in our life, obey God’s commands. Oh, dear friend, have you entrusted your life to Jesus?
You can pray with me right now.
Dear Lord, Heavenly Father, Abba Daddy, Precious Jesus, Thank you for loving me, for paying the penalty for my sins, for anything and everything I’ve ever done wrong against You. Thank you for making a way for me to be redeemed from the curse of sin. I repent and turn from my wicked ways and surrender my life to You. Take it and use it in whatever way you wish, all for your glory!